Your learners will understand the anatomy of the breast, the physiology of lactogenesis, and the challenges of breastfeeding.
Learners will understand the anatomy of the breast, the physiology of lactogenesis, and the normal breastfeeding patterns.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of lactation.
Learners will understand the current recommendations, benefits, and impact of breastfeeding, and special considerations.
- Identify risks of not breastfeeding for infants, mothers, and society.
- Describe breastfeeding recommendations and the importance of exclusive breastfeeding.
- Describe the epidemiology of breastfeeding with a focus on equity
Learners will understand normal growth patterns of breastfed infants, contraindications to breastfeeding, and importance of breastfeeding care.
Your learners will understand the clinical management of breastfeeding in the early days.
- Describe early weight trajectory and growth patterns of breastfed infants.
- Describe signs of adequate milk intake by the infant.
- List absolute contraindications to breastfeeding